Monday, September 21, 2009

The Leaves Are Dying, Not Just Changing Colors














I overheard a few fellow beings discussing a book club today, and it sounded like something I should definitely start and slowly quit. Maybe halfway through the first book. Let's not kid ourselves here. We have all found that high school friend online (or she/he found us rather), and emailed rapid fire questions excitedly back and forth, possibly for days in a row, but then realized her/his life included way more detergent in a week than ours ever could imagine, so we slowly pulled away...until that special reunion dinner became an email in the delete folder. I know that is what my book club will most surely be. So what?

I just took an inventory of my current books and found 97% have quite the reverse picture/word ratio for an adult. Ho hum.

2 comments:

Foodie44 said...

Hubert.... Did you know that "Where the Wild Things Are" is being made into a movie! Now that would be an excellent book club topic!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a silent book club that anyone can join. It is called going to the Bookstore and just randomly reading a few pages of a book with the rest of the "club". I appreciate this very much because we all keep to ourselves, each reads only the books that interests them, yet we nod at each other if we happen to make eye contact. Hubert go for the silent book club!