Wednesday, September 2, 2009

If I’d get Id out of my life – I would have breakfast.


Definition of Id: According to Freud’s psychoanalytic theory of personality, the id is the personality component made up of unconscious psychic energy that works to satisfy basic urges, needs, and desires. The id operates based on the pleasure principle, which demands immediate gratification of needs.

My Id – Tells my almost fixed state of not quite morning beauty equals ready for work, since I held ever so tightly to those 7 extra minutes of sleep.

My Id – Is the driving force to check my personal email on company time – even though I know with about 96% certainty – no one ever emails that account except my alma mater and the company that wants my ding dong larger.

My Id – Dwells within me so fiercely that with every inch of life I leave behind, a million silent tantrums follow my trail.

Thus, there was no Tony the Tiger dancing in my flakes this morning. Despite last night’s pledge to him… “Remember your dancing shoes son.”

1 comment:

Foodie44 said...

Thoughts will pondering my own Id. Does Hubert have a dog and if so what does his Id say????