Friday, January 1, 2010

Socks Don't Always Have To Match To Make A Great Pair


It is a new year. With a new year comes the ancient Chinese way - resolutions. I have thought quite hard on this year's resolutions. There shall be only two. I have wised up to over promising and under delivering. Emmmbbbaaarrraaasssiiinng.

My 2010 resolutions are:
1. To change my air filter every three months as requested by society. Clean air in a home is a great start to every morning.

2. I shall take out my trash when the trashcan is full - not overflowing denial. No more will I stick my hand into my trashcan and touch remnants of pizza crust and unpaid bills. No more! Nor will my denial that "Ohhh, I can make it a little longer if I stick my foot in" continue. I will fully accept the size of my trashcan is a little too small for the standard trash bag. It's okay. It's okay to have a little extra room at the top of my trash bag when I remove it from the can. In 2010, I will not see that extra room at the top as wasted space, but as a guarantee everything will make it to the curb. Together. It is how it is meant to be for the city to carry away...in its fancy truck...forever.

1 comment:

Bury said...

H.B.
Holy Crap! Houses have air filters! Cough...cough...