Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Don't Look Ethel!

Today I shall dedicate my words to The Art Of Losing (which isn't hard to master).


As I drove away from the gas station this afternoon, and watched my gas cap roll merrily down the street, I exclaimed an "Awweeee man!"

My gas caps - the streets I have traveled are littered with at least 5 - 10 that have taken flight from the roofs of my various cars. "Awweeeee man!"

I am a very good loser.

Many a minute have I spent frantically tearing apart my dwelling in search of my keys, a matching sock (long gave up on those), the remote, 7 debit cards, glasses of water - even a cantaloupe. Ohhhh, dearest sunglasses. Sometimes I do find. The relief of a find never seems to quite match the angst of the search. Life must go on...loser.

Recently I lost a pair of jeans. (why are they called a "pair" of jeans anyway...makes it seem like I lost two). How does one lose a jean? Dearest world, how?

2 comments:

mg said...

Love the poetic allusion, Hubert. If you're not a master of losing, you're at least of Bachelor of Art(s).

Bloomsbury said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.