Monday, December 14, 2009

Life Doesn't Get Much Better Than Michael Bolton During The Holidays
























Would it be creepy if I wanted to sit on Santa’s lap? Seriously. I accidentally found myself inside a shopping mall today, and while there I eyed a Santa plopping children on his lap. It also appeared he listened to them, agreed to their request, smiled for a photo and then sent them on their way with a candy cane. I never really loved doing that whole routine when it was age appropriate, but now I find myself – in this holiday season – craving a crappy, broken candy cane and a Polaroid of myself looking (depending on the angle of the one looking at the photo) either full of glee or full of sheer terror. Or maybe most of all, I want to breathily whisper a wish, into some strange man’s ear who may or may not have passed the fourth grade.

1 comment:

Bloomsbury said...

H.B.
Be aware that this may turn into a new adventure and lead to you hanging out with the Easter Bunny in a few months....but tis the season so wish away.