Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dusting Is A Satisfying Chore


Have you ever made a self discovery that was so, well, the closest word I can bring down from my brain is - startling. I had such a moment about ten minutes ago.

As I was putting away my dishes from the dishwasher, I realized I had washed a plastic fork from McDonald's. This is not the most disturbing part. I almost put it away with the rest of my silverware. I could turn this into a tree hugging moment and say I just care so much for the environment I can't stand the idea of this little black fork adding to our mountains of mean, selfish waste. And then give you some despicable plastic fork statistic. But no. I will come forth with my admittance that I am so incredibly cheap, I started imagining the forks future in my cutlery.

1 comment:

Bloomsbury said...

H.B.
I wonder if you are on to a new form of recycling! Quick call Oprah!