Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sink, Swim, or Something In between


I can clearly see the marker measuring whether or not I was tall enough to ride the fair ride. Ohhh, that little creepy pirate holding up his hand telling me I had to be, "This high, matey." The thrill of passing the height test; quickly to be ruined by sheer terror of a rickety pirate ship ride. A piece of me longs for more creepy pirate signs in my life. You know, to let me know when it is okay to do something, but no promises I will like it.

This high, matey.

(obviously feeling a bit reflective today, please excuse me)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want creepy....go to the NC State Fair this year.

Bloomsbury said...

H.B.
Yes creepy. Something in between?
1. floating
2. doggy paddle
3. the act of drowning before you sink?