Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pete and Repeat Were On A Boat...Pete Fell Out


What a lucky, lucky day! I am getting a carbon monoxide detector for my dwelling free of cost. Well, sort of. More like included in my overpriced monthly rent, but let me have this one please.

The story gets even better! I was so appreciative on this Saturday morning to have the carbon monoxide detector news come as a 7:30 wake up call. How rare.

I asked the fellow on the other end of the line, "If the detector came with food or if I needed to go out and buy any?" He didn't seem to understand the very logical question. I asked again, "I said do I need to get any food for it? You did say it is a carbon monoxide detector, right?" He confirmed it was a detector, but it would not require food. Even better!

"Wow," I said, "A canary that doesn't eat. What will they think of next?" After a long pause he said he would see me at 1pm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Hubert... you crack meee up too.

Bloomsbury said...

H.B.
I hope Pete can swim.